Outside Sales Account Executive
Company: PCS International
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Status: Full-Time, Employee
Job Category: Sales
Job Type: Full Time, Employee
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 Years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
PCS International is a comprehensive solution provider satisfying the Information Technology hardware, software, and professional service requirements for large and small businesses. We are committed to offering cutting-edge technologies with outstanding customer support at a great value.
As an Outside Sales Account Executive, you will be responsible for direct sales of IT Solutions focused on infrastructure hardware and services, Cloud Services, Cyber Security Solutions, Managed Services as well as traditional break-fix services.
The successful candidate must be able to show our existing customer base and new prospects the added value of a Managed Service over the Break-Fix model. The Outside Sales Account Executive will define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify new business opportunities, negotiate and close business opportunities and maintain extensive knowledge of current Information Technology market conditions. It is their job to work with our internal team and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization. To achieve this, the Outside Sales Account Executive will need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. They will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They will call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
The primary role of the Outside Sales Account Executive is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then conduct persuasive, effective sales activities that will convince potential clients to do business with the PCS International. They must develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. They are also required to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description, since it is the Outside Sales Account Executive’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the PCS International. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions and services the PCS International can provide, and of the PCS International’s competitors.
New Business Development:
- Prospect for potential new clients and convert them into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within our market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and PCS International’s practice leaders.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Close new business opportunities by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Convert existing accounts from Break-Fix to a Managed Service Agreement
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs, when requested.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the PCS International’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the PCS International’s CRM/PSA.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience selling IT solutions to small and medium commercial accounts
- Proven experience with transactional technology hardware, software, licensing, integration and SME and Corporate managed services recurring revenue models experience
- Track record of growing existing and new customer revenue
- Ability to build strong internal and customer-focused relationships
- PC proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and CRM
- Ability to simplify the explanation of complex technology concepts to prospects and customers
- Exhibit mastery of the 7 Step Sales Process.
- Obsession with results and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively work with various departments and levels.
Benefits include group medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal & sick time and training reimbursement. Our generous compensation plans are structured as base salary plus commissions and bonuses for meeting and exceeding sales goals, compliance and customer service requirements, with initial compensation commensurate with relevant experience.
Qualified candidates please submit a current resume, along with salary history to: email@example.com